Psychologist Positions Available
(Employee or Contract)
(New Graduates and Provisional Psychologists' in their final 6 months welcome to apply)
- Would you like to work in private practice alongside a team of supportive mental health professionals?
- Are you genuinely passionate about your clinical work and helping others?
- Would you like freedom and flexibility in your work (contract position) or a more secure position (employee position)?
- Are you ready to expand your knowledge and skills in private practice?
Berwick Psychology & Hypnosis was established in 2015 and has grown to become a diverse team of allied mental health professionals including three psychologists, provisional psychologist, mental health social worker, dietitian and clinical hypnotherapist.
Our team has developed an excellent reputation for client service, outcomes and clinical care; a team who is passionate about their work, learning, growing and supporting each other. We attraact referrals from local medical clinics, health practices, word of mouth and third party funding bodies.
Our goal is to help as many adolescents and adults improve their mental health as possible.
To do this, we focus on nurturing and supporting our team so they can provide therapeutic services in the most effective, positive and sustainable ways. To this end, we actively support and encourage self-care practices, work/life balance and offer clinicians a choice of flexible working arrangements.
What we provide:
- Ongoing support and mentoring opportunities
- Full time on-site and virtual administrative/reception support
- Access to a variety of client presentations and referrals that will quickly fill your calendar
- Excellent remuneration for contract position of $90-110 per session (NO BULK-BILLING)
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with the principal psychologist
- Excellent systems and processes to assist your private practice (communication tools, practice management software, efax, paperless systems, remote access to all clinical work so you can work from anywhere)
- Comprehensive training to use and understand our systems and processes
- A warm and supportive environment that encourages learning and collaboration
- Flexible days and hours available with an option to increase hours over time
- Light filled rooms, comfortable furnishings, ambient environment
- All amenities provided
Our ideal candidate:
- You are a registered psychologist with AHPRA (or will be in the coming months)
- You are a confident and enthusiastic psychologist, keen to provide clinical therapy to adolescents, adults and/or couples with various mental health concerns
- You draw on a variety of therapeutic interventions, theories and underpinnings
- You love people and enjoy adding value to their lives (both professionally and personally)
- You are passionate about psychology, behaviour change, mental health and wellbeing with a thirst for learning and growth
- You are organised, have excellent communication and organisational skills
- You uphold all professional ethical standards and requirements in your role as a psychologist including, but not limited to, timely case reports, medicare letters, clinical note taking, communication with team members and professional boundaries.
- You practice autonomously
- You are interested in developing skills and knowledge related to working in private practice
- You are available for at least 12 client sessions per week (2 days minimum)
- You are eligible for a medicare provider number and indemnity insurance
- You are eligible or already have an ABN (if applying for contractor position)
This is an exciting opportunity for the right psychologist to join our team.
If you think you might be a great fit for our practice, please forward your application with resume and referee contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org